Services We Provide
Addition and New Building
Why Masters Home Service?
1. Licensed. Masters Home Service is properly licensed in Maryland and Virginia. In the States of Virginia
and Maryland, all contractors MUST be licensed. Masters Home Service will show and give you the license and
the copy of it. Being licensed is the law. If you have any questions or doubts, call the Virginia Board for
Contractors, or the Maryland Home Improvement Commission (if in Maryland).
2. General Liability Insurance and Worker's Compensation Insurance. General Liability
Insurance protects your property in case of damage caused by Masters Home Service. The insurance company
will pay for the cost of replacing and/ or repairing any damage that occurs. Worker's Compensation
Insurance protects you from liability if a worker is injured while on your property. Masters Home Service
carries both insurances and will provide information of both insurances.
3. A written lien waiver. Masters Home Service will provide you with a written lien waiver at the end of
the job. This is a legal document which says you the homeowner have paid the contractor in full for the
services rendered and Masters Home Service waives the right to place a mechanic's lien on your property.
4. Building permits? Masters Home Service pulls all required permits where are required. Many prefer
not to pull permits because of the time involved and the ''hassle'' with the inspectors. Some contractors may
ask you to get the permits. This could be a warning sign that they are not able to pull the permit because
they are unlicensed, or the work is outside of their license. A reputable contractor will permit every job
where a permit is required.
5. Extended warranty. Masters Home Service guarantees all its works for 2 years or longer from date of
completion. All these are transferable to next home owner.
6. Responsibility. The contractor will be on the job whenever work is being performed. Masters Home
Service knows what home owners want, why they put the money in their homes and how cautious until the
7. References. Masters Home Service will be happy to provide home owners with several written customer
references from the last 6 months to one year. Masters Home Service will give its banker's contact
information to ensure home owners that Masters Home Service is financially sound and won't be declaring
bankruptcy while on the projects.
8. Daily clean up. Masters Home Service wants good relationship with home owners and their neighbors
with sweeping up and placing all construction debris in a predetermined place or refuse container at the end
of every day. Masters Home Service knows only 10 extra minutes will make everybody happy.
9. Deposit. In Maryland a contractor can legally ask for up to one third of the total contract price as a down
payment. In Virginia they can legally request up to 50% of the contract price. Masters Home Service will ask
deposits as low as possible.
10. Quality, and price. Masters Home Service guarantees good quality and price, even they seem not to